Saturday 17 October 2015

I feel spooky, oh so spooky

Hello all! Today I bring you two Halloween themed candles from Yankee Candle. Now fair warning, they are repromotes, it seems Halloween scents are in decline. So without further ado, I bring you Candy Corn and Witches Brew!



Very spooky.

Witches Brew has to be my favourite of these two; a spicy sweet patchouli, (very very similar in fact to Lord of Misrule from Lush ). I cannot get enough of this scent, and to top it off it wasn't unpleasant to The Boy either. Only problem was that the scent didn't really throw. We had all the doors in the new flat open, as we're still unpacking and setting up, and I could only smell it when I re-entered the room it was burning in. Such a shame for such a delicious rich scent.

No such problem for Candy Corn. That sugary sweet smell got everywhere... and whilst I didn't love it, (way too sickly sweet for me, I like my scents a bit more earthy or spicy), I know there are those who adore the smell of sweets. Not quite as "cakey" as some of their other sweet offerings, it features more of a caramel scent and does remind me very specifically of Candy Corn. If you're having pumpkins, pop it inside one for an interesting scent combination.

A touch of fun with Witches Brew is the pure black of the candle wax, which when it melts looks suitably creepy when gathering in a bowl.

You can find both candles at any Yankee Candle retailer right now including Clinton Cards, and Boots. Or you can buy direct from Yankee Candle Here. The little votives I've got usually retail for £1.80.

So what about you guys? Are you glad to see these back again? Or would you have preferred something new for Halloween this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment